Keeping up with a seasonal theme of detoxing (and also because I suffered yesterday from food poisoning) I decided to go easy on my digestive system and ate only couple of eggs in the morning and sipped on delicious bone broth throughout the day.
I was perfectly happy with limited amount of solids today, but my family started a mutiny having not much more in the fridge than a light and a piece of cauliflower that was almost old enough to buy a beer. So I ventured to a not-so nearby grocery store (What?! It was sunny and I needed a roadtrip), which was full to the brim (is a holiday coming, or what?) and filled up my cart with veggies. Literally. I bought 4 buns and the rest of the overloaded cart were only veggies. I really wanted to show those little rascals of mine some proper food and I just felt like creating something yummy and sinfully healthy for them. Well, here’s my take on fritters:
- 1 medium organic sweet potato, washed and cubed
- 1 medium head of organic broccoli (head and stem)
- 2 small onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of shredded cheese ( I mixed mozzarella and parmesan)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- bread crumbs for coating
- Blitz broccoli stem and sweet potato with onion and garlic in a food processor. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Lightly pulse broccoli heads in the food processor and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, flour, cheese and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat up some oil in the pan, pick pieces of batter and roll them in the crumbs.
- Fry in the pan until golden and crispy (about 3 minutes on both sides).
- Set on a paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Serve with your favourite salad or on their own.
- Hummus is also a great pairing for these. They can also be served for breakfast and they freeze well.
- Calcium, vitamin and prebiotics bonanza on a plate. Enjoy!