You know when I am proud of myself the most?
When I make something so easy and delicious that the whole family fights over seconds and I know they are eating the good stuff without me having spent hours in the kitchen.
I get those ideas for quick meals usually when I am shopping and I know that I hardly have time to unpack my groceries, let alone for actual cooking in between my appointments.
Well, without further due...
Here is my absolutely delicious and brilliantly simple recipe for stuffed peppers.
READY IN 2 MINUTES (well... that is your actual work. The rest is up to your oven.)
There is only ONE WORD OF CAUTION for this recipe. Use quality meat that does not contain any additives, hormones or antibiotics.
- 4 Sweet bell peppers
- 1 package of quality raw Hot Italian sausage (about 500 g), but you can use any other flavour your family is happy with
- Wash peppers and cut in halves (length wise)
- Remove stalks and seeds
- Squeeze out the sausage mix from its casing stuffing peppers
- Press the meat firmly into the crevices of the peppers.
- Place in a baking dish
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake at 180C (350F) for about 30 minutes until the meat is cooked through.